India has been a exotic tourist destination for the senior citizens across the world. India's rich cultural heritage and sites, alternative medicinal spas and resorts - especially rejuvenation spas, the spiritual places and of course warmth with which the people of this nation welcome guests and combine to produce a effect which exerts a mighty yet lovable pull on the senior tourist. India has always witness very good number of Senior Travelers across the globe. This is mainly because of the available infrastructure & facilities. Senior citizen travel in India is now more exciting than ever before.1. Traditionally, senior citizens are attracted towards
1. Holiday destinations like Rajasthan, Delhi, Mumbai
2. Pilgrimage and spiritual destinations like Varanasi, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Amritsar, Vaishino Devi, Bodh Gaya, Sarnath, Kushinagar
3. Hill Stations like Kashmir, Shimla, Kullu Manali, Dharamshala, Ooty, Mysore, Kerala, Pachmarhi, Darjeeling, Kalimpong
4. Rejuvenating and alluring places for ayurvedic and herbal treatments like Rishikesh, Dehradun, Mussorie, Shimla, Corbett, Ooty .
Rajasthan with its burning deserts, tiger reserves, jungles, lakes, palaces and forts is the most famous attraction. Jaipur, Jaisalmer and Udaipur are the most visited places in this state. In recent years tours are being organized in the lesser known holiday destinations in Rajasthan, these include tours in the Aravalli Mountains, jeep and camel safaris in the desert and stays in villages of Rajasthan to get a first hand glimpse of the rural Rajasthani lifestyle.
Metropolitan Cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkatta are also popular tourist destinations offering great experiences in the form of sights and sounds. These also give the senior citizens a glimpse of the entire country through various cultural centers, theater, arts, monuments and heritage events.
Aspark Holidays, accord high importance to senior citizen tours. They can choose from our extensive range of itineraries one can plan their own. We even offer some of the most unique and interesting programs where traveling and learning abroad give singles and couples a new perspective of the world and culture. Our senior citizen tours provide a great escape where you can meet other seniors while learning a new language and experiencing the culture of your destination country. We even combine the senior citizen tour with activities like golf, dance, cooking, art, photography, and more. We assure a leisurely and comfortable journey with maximum thrust on heritage, culture and ethnic values.
Our tour expert team, very well understand the intricacies of planning comfortable tours for senior citizens right from the ease of choosing resorts and hotels to journeys with character and culture. The tour itinerary and guides are all planned with careful gloves. Tours are arranged with two / three overnights in each city, so as to give you serene and undisturbed rest everywhere. The tour escort / driver / guide are properly trained to take special care of your comfort and needs. Our Senior citizen tours are a totally different, unique and life changing.
Precautions to be taken by senior travelers Generally senior travelers in India are safe. But certain precautions for them.1. It's a good idea to travel in groups of about 3-4 people.
2. Avoid wearing expensive jewelry or such ornaments.
3. Avoid carrying too much cash or goods.
4. Keep your medicines at hand, in a hand bag so that they are easily accessible.
5. Senior Travelers can always take help of families and elder people whenever and wherever required.
6. Take care of travel documents and passport.
7. Avoid undue attention or advances by touts and other such vendors.
8. Inform the nearest police station in case of trouble, or take help from people nearby.